Electrical Project Lead
Your future job
As Electrical Project Lead you will lead a team of +/- 20 multi-disciplinary engineers working on hardware, software and mechanicals within team Electrical systems. Each discipline consists of several Engineers and Lead Engineers. PAL-V is looking for a strong Project Lead that ensures the disciplines are producing results according to planning.
The current focus for the team is to finalize the test program with the prototype and implement engineering solutions for the production model and certification activities, all in concurrence. The weight of activities will shift from testing/engineering to full-time certification within the coming year, which is an important aspect of the development.
The PAL-V Liberty contains a lot of complex electronics and software. The electronics contain digital, analogue, and high-power circuits. The software is largely distributed in system software, usually programmed in C and includes complex control algorithms. An example of this is the system to control exhaust gas emissions.
As a Project Lead, you will be reporting directly to the Project Manager.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead by example, ensuring engineering results align with PAL-V's production and test program plans.
- Coordinate hardware, software, and mechanical disciplines to meet planning objectives.
- Utilize PAL-V risk management methods for effective risk assessment.
- Update engineering planning using PAL-V Progress tracker tool.
- Implement PAL-V agile sprint working method, similar to scrum, to convert planning into daily tasks.
- Manage and allocate team resources to adhere to planning.
- Identify planning issues and propose creative solutions.
- Report team progress to Project Manager and other Teamleads.
- Foster communication of company goals within the team.
- Coach team members to improve skills and focus on strengths. Advocate for team needs.
- Experience with leading a group of multi-disciplinary engineers.
- Experience in a result-driven technical environment.
- Experience with agile working methods.
- Strong leadership, communication, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and organisational abilities.
- Strong technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Affinity with Electrical Systems and engineering.
- Affinity with automotive and aerospace is advantageous.
PAL-V offers you
At PAL-V, we believe that a happy and motivated workforce is the key to success. That's why we've designed a comprehensive set of benefits and perks that go beyond the ordinary to create a unique work environment for our employees.
What sets the standard
At PAL-V, we value hard work and dedication. Enjoy excellent allowances and rewards (we have our own job and salary structure), including a commute and homework allowance. Benefit from an 8% vacation bonus. Speaking of vacation, we offer 27 vacation days with the option to purchase an additional 10 days for those moments when you need that extra time for yourself. Your well-being matters, so we offer a solid pension scheme. We nurture talent and ambition through open discussions during annual reviews, committed to helping you achieve your dreams.
To keep you healthy
Your well-being is our top priority. Enjoy flexible working hours and fresh fruit in the office to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities. Our vitality platform allows you to connect with colleagues who share similar hobbies and interests, fostering a sense of camaraderie and a chance to explore new activities together.
Because it’s fun
We're more than colleagues; we're a close-knit family. Expect friendly greetings daily, team activities, and a dedicated party committee for fun at work. And on birthdays, share the excitement of working on the world's first flying car!
The application process
- Send your resume and motivational letter to [email protected].
- You receive a direct confirmation of your application (check your SPAM folder).
- Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application.
- The application procedure consists of 2 or 3 interviews, in which you will at least talk to:
- Project Manager & HRM Advisor
- Chief Operating Officer & HRM Manager
- Lead Design Engineer & Design Engineer Electrical Systems