ABOUT THE ASSIGNMENT
The PAL-V Liberty is fitted with a double wishbone, pull-shock absorber nose (front) landing gear design that absorbs loads during landing and bumps in the road during driving. The conceptual design of the nose landing gear is based on requirements of which some are currently not valid anymore. Weight is a crucial factor in the design of any aircraft, therefore PAL-V is looking for a student to evaluate the conceptual design of the nose landing gear, within current requirements, and see if there is a feasible, lighter concept possible.
The project will start with a study on the current nose landing gear design, the requirements that were valid during the time the concept was created, to understand the workings. After study, a concept will have to be generated for a lighter equivalent within current requirements, assisted by the PAL-V review team, that will go into detailed design after concept selection. Detailed design consists of making CAD drawings in SolidWorks, simulations, calculations and production drawings. The final stage of the project is ordering and testing of the working principles of the new concept.
Our perfect candidate
- You study HBO mechanical engineering or automotive engineering.
- You are in the fourth year of your studies and are looking for a graduation assignment.
- You have affinity with the aviation industry and/or innovation
- You feel at home in an international, growing and entrepreneurial organisation.
Our offer for you
What sets the standard:
- An excellent internship allowance.
- Commute and homework allowance.
- Good internship supervision by an experienced colleague.
- We are easily accessible by car and there is bus stop about 10 minutes’ walk away.
To keep you healthy:
- Flexible hours.
- Fresh fruit in the office.
- Vitality platform through which you can get in touch with other colleagues who practice the same hobbies or just to discover new hobbies together.
Because it’s fun:
- We have new interns in almost every department every period, so you can connect with other students.
- Team activities, we have a party committee!
- You may have the opportunity to continue working after your internship.
The application process
1. Send an email and a motivational letter specific for our organisation to email@example.com. Please also let us know when your internship period starts, when it ends and how many hours you are available per week.
Note: If you are an international student we would like to ask you to use Pathfinder. In it you will find all practical information for international students who want to study, do an internship or stay in the Netherlands after their studies.
2. You receive a direct confirmation of your application.
Note: this could be in your SPAM folder.
3. Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction on your application. This can be an invitation to the next rounds or rejection based on your experience or company requirements.
4. PAL-V has a max of 2 meeting rounds in the procedure, during you would speak to Teamlead Landing Gear and a team member.