IT Support Engineer
Your future job
PAL-V is an innovative organization that thrives on tackling challenges without pre-determined solutions. This dependency drives our use of high-quality software and IT technologies. Our integrated IT team is looking for a mid-level, pragmatic, proactive support engineer to assist our user community.
PAL-V is building an advanced, cloud-based IT environment that meets the stability needs of a company producing both cars and gyroplane vehicles. We have an international perspective with offices in multiple countries around the world and a headquarters in Raamsdonksveer from which our IT support is organized.
Our Microsoft-based IT platform follows a 'Microsoft-first' approach, with flexibility for optimal solutions. We prefer an integrated, seamless environment, balancing factors such as maintainability, usability, reliability, stability, continuity, and cost in our IT choices
You'll support nearly 200 users in our current IT setup, and as our user community grows to over a thousand users, our support team will also expand.
As a support engineer, you'll collaborate within a solution-focused team, addressing user-reported issues and achieving set targets. When goals are reached, we never forget to celebrate and harvest the energy we seeded. The issues range from hardware fixes in cooperation with our suppliers, new telecom requirements, software licenses, and central cloud-based software configurations to business intelligence requests from teamleads or management. While you can tackle some matters individually, most involve teamwork for enduring solutions that enhance our IT efficiency, stability, and user experience.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Maintenance, support, and enhancements of IT infrastructure, services, and applications
- Ensure stability, continuity, cost-effectiveness, and security.
- Take ownership of resolving issues, ensuring users' IT needs are met.
- In-depth knowledge of the IT environment for effective enhancements and optimisation.
- Advocate for user needs, driving departmental professionalism.
- Key stakeholder for the cloud engineering team, influencing cloud infrastructure changes.
- Configuration changes permissions, with great responsibility for continuity and costs.
- Manage IT asset inventory, hardware usage, and life-cycle stages.
- Proactively plan hardware replacements and collaborate on budget and replacement program.
- Aware of licenses and costs, ensure efficient licence management processes.
- Prevent unnecessary costs, and ensure legal software use within user boundaries.
- Collaborate with team and cloud engineers to share real-time IT environment monitoring.
- Proactive threat management, addressing outages, certificate expirations, capacity issues, and costs.
- An MBO (as for the Netherlands) of MSc. degree in information and telecommunication technology and at least five years of demonstrable professional IT support experience.
- You are a precise worker with a critical view and a sense of detail, though you keep the balance between perfection and pragmatic solutions that are sustainable and supportable.
- You have a pragmatic approach to get the determined goals achieved with the team.
- Helping to improve the team towards a ‘high-performance team’ and sustaining that level of cooperation is a considerable part of your personal drive.
- You have above-average and demonstrable experience with Microsoft environments. Especially Office365 and OneDrive, Intune, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
PAL-V offers you
At PAL-V we believe that a happy and motivated workforce is the key to success. That's why we've designed a comprehensive set of benefits and perks that go beyond the ordinary to create the best work environment for our employees.
What sets the standard:
At PAL-V, we value hard work and dedication. Enjoy excellent allowances and rewards (we have our own job and salary structure), including a commute and homework allowance. Benefit from an 8% vacation bonus. Speaking of vacation, we offer 27 vacation days with the option to purchase an additional 10 days for those moments you need that extra time for yourself. Your well-being matters, so we offer a solid pension scheme. We nurture talent and ambition through open discussions during annual reviews, committed to helping you achieve your dreams.
To keep you healthy:
Enjoy flexible working hours and fresh fruit in the office to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities. Our vitality platform allows you to connect with colleagues who share similar hobbies and interests, fostering a sense of camaraderie and a chance to explore new activities together.
Because it’s fun:
We're more than colleagues; we're a close-knit family. Expect friendly greetings daily, team activities, and a dedicated party committee for fun at work. Plus, on birthdays, you'll have a unique conversation starter - imagine telling people you work on the world's first flying car!
The application process
- Send your resume and motivational letter to [email protected]
- You receive a direct confirmation of your application (check your SPAM folder).
- Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application.
- The application procedure consists of 2 interviews, in which you will at least talk to:
- IT Manager & HRM Advisor
- Operations Manager & team member