Lead Design Engineer
Your future job
The PAL-V is divided into six engineering teams, including team Structure. This team is responsible for various systems such as the propeller, Fuselage Truss, Mast, Tail Boom, Rotor Flight Controls and Rotor Head.
As a result of the further growth of the engineering organisation, we are looking for a Lead Design Engineer for team Structure.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Your responsibilities as a Lead Design Engineer will be the review and approval of MSN1 parts and assemblies. In addition, you will be responsible for the compliance demonstration of various structure parts in the vehicle. This will include preparation and timely execution of certification plans, and the definition and execution of certification tests. You can identify and define new (stress) methods whenever required during the compliance demonstration.
As a Lead Design Engineer you report to, and support, the Teamlead of team Structure.
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, with expertise in mechanical, automotive, aerospace, or related technical experience.
- You have an independent and accurate working attitude.
- Experience in CAD (preferably SolidWorks), strength calculations and FEM.
- Knowledge of EASA certification specifications (CS27) and compliance demonstration is an advantage.
- Good communication skills, in documentation, but also in explaining complex problems in Dutch and/or English.
- Willing to travel in Europe.
PAL-V offers you
At PAL-V we believe that a happy and motivated workforce is the key to success. That's why we've designed a comprehensive set of benefits and perks that go beyond the ordinary to create the best work environment for our employees.
What sets the standard
At PAL-V, we value hard work and dedication. Enjoy excellent allowances and rewards (we have our own job and salary structure), including a commute and homework allowance. Benefit from an 8% vacation bonus. Speaking of vacation, we offer 27 vacation days with the option to purchase an additional 10 days for those moments you need that extra time for yourself. Your well-being matters, so we offer a solid pension scheme. We nurture talent and ambition through open discussions during annual reviews, committed to helping you achieve your dreams.
To keep you healthy
Enjoy flexible working hours and fresh fruit in the office to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities. Our vitality platform allows you to connect with colleagues who share similar hobbies and interests, fostering a sense of camaraderie and a chance to explore new activities together.
Because it’s fun
We're more than colleagues; we're a close-knit family. Expect friendly greetings daily, team activities, and a dedicated party committee for fun at work. Plus, on birthdays, you'll have a unique conversation starter - imagine telling people you work on the world's first flying car!
The application process
- Send your resume and motivational letter to [email protected].
- You receive a direct confirmation of your application (check your SPAM folder).
- Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application.
- The application procedure consists of 2 interviews, in which you will at least talk to:
- Teamlead Structure & HRM Advisor
- Project Manager & Team Member Structure