Lead Design Engineer
Your future job
The PAL-V is divided into six engineering teams, including team Powerplant. This team consists of roughly 10 engineers. This team works besides among other things on the Engine and Gearbox of the PAL-V. We are looking for a Lead Design Engineer to strengthen this team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Taking ownership over (complex) subsystems for its entire design life cycle up to certification.
- Designing, developing and further developing existing systems such as the fuel delivery system, composite fuel tank, drive-train components and engine (sub-)systems.
- Developing and detailing concepts using hand calculations and/or FEM.
- Proposing and generating design substantiation (analyses and/or complex test setups).
- Reporting of compliance demonstration in English.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the product and organisation.
- Contact suppliers if necessary.
As a Lead Design Engineer, you report to, and support the Teamlead of team Powerplant.
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive- or Aviation/Aerospace design or similar technical expertise.
- Experience with CAD (SolidWorks), FMEA, strength calculations and FEM.
- Experience in compliance demonstration and/or certification is preferred.
- Strong written communication skills in Dutch and/or English.
PAL-V offers you
At PAL-V we believe that a happy and motivated workforce is the key to success. That's why we've designed a comprehensive set of benefits and perks that go beyond the ordinary to create the best work environment for our employees.
What sets the standard
At PAL-V, we value hard work and dedication. Enjoy excellent allowances and rewards (we have our own job and salary structure), including a commute and homework allowance. Benefit from an 8% vacation bonus. Speaking of vacation, we offer 27 vacation days with the option to purchase an additional 10 days for those moments you need that extra time for yourself. Your well-being matters, so we offer a solid pension scheme. We nurture talent and ambition through open discussions during annual reviews, committed to helping you achieve your dreams.
To keep you healthy
Enjoy flexible working hours and fresh fruit in the office to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities. Our vitality platform allows you to connect with colleagues who share similar hobbies and interests, fostering a sense of camaraderie and a chance to explore new activities together.
Because it’s fun
We're more than colleagues; we're a close-knit family. Expect friendly greetings daily, team activities, and a dedicated party committee for fun at work. Plus, on birthdays, you'll have a unique conversation starter - imagine telling people you work on the world's first flying car!
The application process
- Send your resume and motivational letter to [email protected].
- You receive a direct confirmation of your application (check your SPAM folder).
- Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application.
- The application procedure consists of 2 interviews, in which you will at least talk to:
- Teamlead Powerplant & HRM Advisor
- Project Manager & Team Member Powerplant