Lead Design Engineer Powerplant
How nice is it to work on a high-tech development that contributes to the world of tomorrow? As a Lead Design Engineer at PAL-V you have an important role in all stages of the development of the world's first flying car.
About this position
In this position you will be part of the Powerplant Team, which consists of roughly 7 engineers. This team works besides among other things on the Engine and Gear Box of the PAL-V.
Your main tasks are:
· Taking ownership over (complex) subsystems for its entire design life cycle up to certification.
· Designing and developing and further developing existing systems; such as the Fuel Delivery system, Composite Fuel tank, Drive-train components and engine (sub-)systems.
· Developing and detailing of concepts by means of hand calculations and/or FEM.
· Proposing and generating design substantiation (analyses and/or complex test setups)
· Reporting of compliance demonstration in English.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of the product and the organization.
· Contact with suppliers if necessary.
As a Lead Design Engineer you report to, and support, the teamlead Powerplant.
· You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive- or Aviation/Aerospace design or similar technical expertise.
· Experience with CAD, FMEA, strength calculations and FEM.
· Experience in compliance demonstration and/or certification is preferred.
· Strong written communication skills in English and Dutch.
· You live in the Netherlands because you need to be able to reach our office.
Our offer for you
What sets the standard:
· An excellent allowance, we have our own job and salary structure.
· Commute and homework allowance.
· 8% vacation bonus.
· 27 vacation days and the ability to purchase an additional 10 vacation days.
· A good pension scheme.
· You will engage in annual discussions about your ambitions and career within our organisation.
To keep you healthy:
· Flexible hours.
· Fresh fruit in the office.
· Vitality platform through which you can get in touch with other colleagues who practice the same hobbies or just to discover new hobbies together.
Because it’s fun:
· Friendly and helpful colleagues.
· Team activities, we have a party committee!
· You can tell people at birthdays that you are working on the world's first flying car.
The application process
1. Send an email and a motivational letter to email@example.com.
Note: If you are not from the EU we would like to hear about your visa status (residence and work permit).
2. You receive a direct confirmation of your application.
(Be aware: this could be in your SPAM folder).
3. Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application. This can be an invitation to the next rounds or rejection based on your experience or company requirements.
4. PAL-V has 2 meeting rounds in the procedure, during which you would speak to;
- Teamlead Powerplant
- HRM Advisor
- Design Engineer Powerplant
- Head of Design organisation
Acquisition proposals or other forms of collaboration requests of temporary employment agencies and detachment agencies will not be appreciated nor replied to!