Team Lead Electrical System
PAL-V is working on bringing the world’s first flying car, the PAL-V Liberty, to market in 2024. As Team Lead Electrical Systems you will lead a team of +-20 multi-disciplinary engineers working on hardware, software and mechanicals within the electrical system. Each discipline consists of several engineers and a lead engineer. PAL-V is looking for a strong Project Manager that ensures the disciplines are producing results according to planning.
The current focus for the team is to finalize the test program with the prototype, implement engineering solutions for the production model and certification activities, all in concurrence. The weight of activities will shift from testing/engineering to full-time certification within the coming year, which is an important aspect of the development.
The PAL-V Liberty contains a lot of complex electronics and software. The electronics contain digital, analogue, and high-power circuits. The software is largely distributed in system software, usually programmed in C and includes complex control algorithms. An example of this is the system to control exhaust gas emissions.
As a Team Lead you will be reporting directly to the Project Manager.
- Lead by example
- Deliver engineering results with the team for the production model of the PAL-V according to planning
- Deliver engineering results with the team for the test program of the vehicle prototype according to planning
- Align the disciplines (hardware, software, mechanical) to deliver results according to planning
- Risk Management according to the PAL-V risk management method
- Maintain and update the engineering planning within the PAL-V Progress tracker tool
- Help engineers convert planning into daily tasks within the PAL-V Agile sprint working method, similar to scrum
- Manage and allocate team resources to conform to planning
- Flag planning issues and provide creative possible solutions
- Report team progress to Project Manager and other Team Leads
- Communicate company goals within the team
- Coach team members to improve their skill sets and put them in their strength
- Represent and advocate for team needs
- Chair sprint planning, review & retro and technical progress meetings
- Weekly updates of the PAL-V Progress tracker
- Daily interactions with technical discipline leads (hardware, software, mechanical) about progress and planning
- Daily interactions with all team members; coaching, listening
- Actively work on building professional relationships with team members
- Report progress in the weekly Team Lead meeting
- Report progress in the company-wide group meeting
- Experience with leading a group of multi-disciplinary engineers
- Experience in a result-driven technical environment
- Experience with agile working methods
- Strong leadership, communication, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
- Strong technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Affinity with electrical systems and engineering
- Affinity with automotive and aerospace is advantageous
Our Company for you
What sets the standard:
· An excellent allowance, we have our own job and salary structure.
· Commute and homework allowance.
· 8% vacation bonus.
· 27 vacation days and the ability to purchase an additional 10 vacation days.
· A good pension scheme.
· You will engage in annual discussions about your ambitions and career within our organisation.
To keep you healthy:
· Flexible hours.
· Fresh fruit in the office.
· Vitality platform through which you can get in touch with other colleagues who practice the same hobbies or just to discover new hobbies together.
Because it’s fun:
· Friendly and helpful colleagues.
· Team activities, we have a party committee!
· You can tell people at birthdays that you are working on the world's first flying car.
The application process
1. Send an email and a motivational letter to email@example.com.
Note: If you are not from the EU we would like to hear about your visa status (residence and work permit).
2. You receive a direct confirmation of your application. (be aware: this could be in your SPAM folder).
3. Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction on your application. This can be an invitation to the next rounds or a rejection based on your experience or company requirements.
4. PAL-V has 2 meeting rounds in the procedure, during which you would speak to;
- Project manager & Junior HRM advisor
- Chief Operating Officer & HRM manager
- Lead Design Engineer & Design Engineer Electrical Systems
Acquisition proposals or other forms of collaboration requests of temporary employment agencies and detachment agencies will not be appreciated nor replied to!