Your Future Job
How nice is it to work on a high-tech development that contributes to the world of tomorrow?
By relentlessly testing our vehicle you make sure that the PAL-V is legal, safe, and reliable for our customers. As a team lead VTO you have an important role in leading the team to ensure tests at the vehicle level are performed safe, controlled, and efficient. The Vehicle Test Organization (VTO) is a self-steering department that works closely with all engineering teams. The teams' tasks are:
· Co-develop with engineering test objectives, plans, and requirements.
· Define and perform safety assessments.
· Perform various objective and subjective vehicle tests.
· Develop and maintain vehicle measurement tests and tools.
· Co-decide on all test vehicles: vehicle planning, vehicle updates, vehicle configuration, etc.
Your main tasks
· Lead a team of (Flight) test engineers, pilots/drivers, safety officers, and support engineers.
· Manage the VTO, for both short-term daily and long-term strategic operations.
· Oversee the planning of test activities with the prototype(s).
· You provide forecasts for future test resources based on discussion with all Engineering and Research teams: capacity, equipment, and facilities.
· You work well in multidisciplined teams.
· You support the team with development / approve of test plans, safety assessments, and test equipment.
· Prepare and support with development of the vehicle certification program.
· Monitor and secure the performance of the VTO members within the projects and with the research teams.
· Together with your team, you drive continuous improvements of test processes and results.
· Support and improve overall safety aspects during test preparation, performing, and execution.
· A Bachelor or Master degree in a technical direction. Preferably in aerospace, automotive, or mechanical engineering.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Testing experience, with a leading (aerospace or automotive) team.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in aviation.
· Strong written communication skills in English and Dutch.
· You live in the Netherlands because you need to be able to reach our office and test facilities.
· You are willing to travel in Europe for work (test expected to take partly place in Europe).
· Driver license.
· Pilot license (pre).
Our Company for you
A role within a multidisciplinary team.
What sets the standard:
· An excellent allowance.
· Commute allowance.
· 8% extra vacation bonus.
· 27 vacation days.
To keep you healthy:
· Fresh fruit in the office.
Because it helps:
· Room for own initiative.
· Friendly and helpful colleagues.
1. Send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You receive a direct confirmation of your application.
(be aware: this could be in your SPAM folder).
3. Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application.
This can be an invitation to the next rounds or rejection based on your experience or company requirements.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.