BEHIND THE SCENES OF PAL-V
We would like to take you on a journey in the world of PAL-V. Our colleagues Hans and Erik have been given the assignment to describe their average workday so that we can give you a little insight into what occurs behind the scenes.
HANS (SENIOR VEHICLE DYNAMICS ENGINEER)
My workday starts with turning on the PAL-V Simulator, of course, while enjoying a cup of coffee. After this, I check the results of the aerodynamic CFD simulations that are completed at night. Which gives me insight into the real-life performance of the PAL-V Liberty in flights, which is vital data that I can share with my engineering colleagues. By loading the results into the simulator and flying several test cases, I can validate that the PAL-V Liberty is safe and meets the certification requirements for the trails to come.
WHAT DOES HANS LIKES THE MOST REGARDING PAL-V BEING HIS EMPLOYER?
- Versatility: PAL-V is a versatile company where every day brings something new. You work in a problem-solving manner with hardware and software.
- Challenge: There are enough challenges in the form of design, testing, certification, production, and management.
- Friendship: The atmosphere is very pleasant and friendly, you can easily make friends within the company.
As a Team Lead, I mainly focus on the progress of the team. I brainstorm about technical solutions and explicate procedures. Every week I organize a progress meeting, wherein the team and I check whether the tasks of last week have been completed. We also discuss the upcoming week(s) and whether we are in line with our goals and future planning. Besides, I assemble, and test systems developed in the Landing Gear group.
WHAT DOES ERIK LIKES THE MOST REGARDING PAL-V BEING HIS EMPLOYER?
- Collaboration: To develop and market a vehicle such as the PAL-V Liberty it requires a team of all kinds of specialists, which creates a very diverse group of people. The unique thing about working at PAL-V is that you are very aware of the fact that everyone is driven to make the vehicle and the company successful, which creates cooperation with colleagues that always runs smoothly.
- Result: I love to hold parts in my hands that I have invented myself, like the (shock) absorbers. We have been working on those for years and to see them functioning perfectly in a test is fantastic.