Your future job
As a Design Engineer at PAL-V, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to revolutionise transportation by contributing to the development of the world's first flying car. Working in one of our specialised engineering project teams, you will be responsible for designing and detailing various systems critical to the successful realisation of our groundbreaking vehicle.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Utilise hand calculations and/or FEM to develop and detail innovative concepts for various components and systems within the PAL-V.
- Design and further develop existing systems, such as the brake system, steering system, hydraulics, and electrical system, ensuring they meet safety, performance, and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive compliance demonstration reports in English, adhering to industry standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with suppliers as needed, fostering effective communication and coordination to ensure the timely and high-quality delivery of components.
- Work within one of our engineering project teams, Landing Gear, Body & Interior, Electrical Systems, Structures, Lift System, or Powerplant. Your assignment will be based on your experience and preference.
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, with expertise in mechanical, automotive, electrical, aerospace, or related disciplines.
- Experience with CAD, FMEA, strength calculations and FEM.
- Experience in compliance demonstration and/or certification is preferred.
- Strong written communication skills in Dutch and/or English.
PAL-V offers you
At PAL-V we believe that a happy and motivated workforce is the key to success. That's why we've designed a comprehensive set of benefits and perks that go beyond the ordinary to create the best work environment for our employees.
What sets the standard
At PAL-V, we value hard work and dedication. Enjoy excellent allowances and rewards (we have our own job and salary structure), including a commute and homework allowance. Benefit from an 8% vacation bonus. Speaking of vacation, we offer 27 vacation days with the option to purchase an additional 10 days for those moments you need that extra time for yourself. Your well-being matters, so we offer a solid pension scheme. We nurture talent and ambition through open discussions during annual reviews, committed to helping you achieve your dreams.
To keep you healthy
Enjoy flexible working hours and fresh fruit in the office to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities. Our vitality platform allows you to connect with colleagues who share similar hobbies and interests, fostering a sense of camaraderie and a chance to explore new activities together.
Because it’s fun
We're more than colleagues; we're a close-knit family. Expect friendly greetings daily, team activities, and a dedicated party committee for fun at work. Plus, on birthdays, you'll have a unique conversation starter - imagine telling people you work on the world's first flying car!
The application process
- Send your resume and motivational letter to [email protected].
- You receive a direct confirmation of your application (check your SPAM folder).
- Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application.
- The application procedure consists of 2 interviews, in which you will at least talk to:
- Project Teamlead & HR Advisor
- Project Manager & Team Member