Vehicle Simulation Specialist
Your future job
Are you passionate about pushing the boundaries of mobility? Do you have a keen interest in aviation and cars? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! PAL-V, the pioneering company behind the world's first flying car, is seeking for a dynamic individual to join our Vehicle Dynamics and Simulation Team within the Vehicle Test Organisation.
The Vehicle Dynamics and Simulation team currently consists of 2 employees and is searching for a 3rd member to make sure we are prepared for flight testing and certification testing of the production model in 2024. Our team provides the R&D team with crucial research support, advises on aerodynamic and vehicle performance improvements, prepares and evaluates vehicle tests and assists with air and road certification on vehicle level.
You will be working on the PAL-V Engineering Simulator in a flexible role, quickly switching from one exciting challenge to the next. Your work will cover many aspects influencing high-level vehicle decisions and you will cooperate with many departments within the company.
Key tasks and responsibilities
As a Vehicle Simulation Specialist, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of mobility. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting vehicle simulations in our unique PAL-V Engineering Simulator;
- Enhancing and optimizing our simulation models.
- Processing and reporting (flight) test data and simulation data.
- Documentation of simulator validation processes.
- Providing valuable insights and recommendations to engineering teams regarding vehicle performance.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An academic degree in Aerospace engineering or equivalent work experience;
- Expertise in Aerodynamics
- Proficiency in modelling and programming using MATLAB;
- Experience in (flight) data processing;
- Strong written communication and reporting skills in English;
- Preferred experience in simulation validation;
- A genuine passion for aviation, it's a plus if you have flying experience, especially concerning flight tests and validations conducted for our Magnis. This role provides you with the opportunity to fly in one of our Magnis at least once.
PAL-V offers you
At PAL-V we believe that a happy and motivated workforce is the key to success. That's why we've designed a comprehensive set of benefits and perks that go beyond the ordinary to create the best work environment for our employees.
What sets the standard
At PAL-V, we value hard work and dedication. Enjoy excellent allowances and rewards (we have our own job and salary structure), including a commute and homework allowance. Benefit from an 8% vacation bonus. Speaking of vacation, we offer 27 vacation days with the option to purchase an additional 10 days for those moments you need that extra time for yourself. Your well-being matters, so we offer a solid pension scheme. We nurture talent and ambition through open discussions during annual reviews, committed to helping you achieve your dreams.
To keep you healthy
Enjoy flexible working hours and fresh fruit in the office to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities. Our vitality platform allows you to connect with colleagues who share similar hobbies and interests, fostering a sense of camaraderie and a chance to explore new activities together.
Because it’s fun
We're more than colleagues; we're a close-knit family. Expect friendly greetings daily, team activities, and a dedicated party committee for fun at work. Plus, on birthdays, you'll have a unique conversation starter - imagine telling people you work on the world's first flying car!
The application process
- Send your resume and motivational letter to [email protected].
- You receive a direct confirmation of your application (check your SPAM folder).
- Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction to your application.
- The application procedure consists of 2 interviews, in which you will at least talk to:
- Project Teamlead & HRM Adviseur
- Lead Design Engineer & Chief of Design