Your Future Job
The PAL-V Liberty uses two certified aircraft engines. This is required by aircraft regulations. Road admission regulations require a certain level of emissions that these aircraft engines by default can not comply to. Therefore, PAL-V has designed a New Engine Control Unit (ECU) concept that will be able to control these engines to comply with the road admission emission requirements.
For this project we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who can provide support with the development of low level C code.
The current project has a large R&D focus, as the solution is starting to take shape, the existing code needs to be further converted to fit within the layered structure as the rest of the vehicle software is being developed.
The work package is focused on 1 software module, the ECU. The work is at the beginning of the V-model (DO-178 process), which drafting requirements to converting these requirements into code. This also includes writing and executing unit tests and functional tests.
Your main tasks:
- Drawing up the necessary requirements;
- Writing C-code for the established requirements;
- Designing and documenting software architecture;
- Writing test plans;
- Developing unit tests;
- Execution of test plans;
- Maintaining product documentation.
Your future team
The current R&D team consists of 1.5 FTE and is being scaled up to be able to set more pace. This team focuses entirely on the development of the engine management system, the ECU. In addition, the team works closely with the Powerplant team and the Electrical Systems team. Team Electrical Systems is also responsible for the software development of the rest of the vehicle. The work for ECU software development will be in close cooperation with the Lead Software Engineer of that team. Tools en techniques will be the same.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- You are familiar with working according to the V-model.
- Pre: you are familiar with DO-178 and working according to a process.
- You will often work with the following tools: Jira, Jenkings, Gitlab, Gitkraken.
- Strong written communication skills in Dutch and/or English.
- If you are not a Dutch citizen, check 'Flow Chart Hiring International Candidates' to see if PAL-V can process your application.
Our offer for you
What sets the standard:
- An excellent allowance, we have our own job and salary structure.
- Commute allowance.
- 8% vacation bonus.
- 27 vacation days and the ability to purchase an additional 10 days.
- A good pension scheme.
- You will engage in annual discussions about your ambitions and career within our organisation.
To keep you healthy:
- Flexible hours.
- Fresh fruit in the office.
- Vitality platform through which you can get in touch with other colleagues who practice the same hobbies or just to discover new hobbies together.
Because it’s fun:
- Friendly and helpful colleagues.
- Team activities, we have a party committee!
- You can tell people at birthdays that you are working on the world's first flying car.
The application process
1. Send an email and a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. You receive a direct confirmation of your application.
Be aware: this could be in your SPAM folder.
3. Within 10 workdays, you will receive a personal reaction on your application. This can be an invitation to the next rounds or a rejection based on your experience or company requirements.
4. PAL-V has 2 meeting rounds in the procedure, during you would speak to;
- Lead Design Engineer
- Project Manager
Acquisition proposals or other forms of collaboration requests of temporary employment agencies and detachment agencies will not be appreciated nor replied to!